Sugar cookies are a universal treat in my family.
Even the people who don’t have a humongous sweet-tooth like I do, love these cookies! This recipe is super easy to make and uses ingredients that you most likely already have in your pantry!
This recipe is one that is easy to make and super tasty! Hope y’all have a sweet day!
Keep reading to see the recipe —>
2 cups of self-rising flour
3/4 cup of room temperature butter
3/4 cup of sugar
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
Extra sugar to roll dough in
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a cookie sheet.
- Use mixer to combine sugar and butter until well blended.
- Add in the vanilla extract and egg; use the mixer to combine ingredients.
- Add in flour 1 cup at a time; use a spoon and hand mix the flour into the ingredients already in the mixing bowl.
- Spoon dough into 1.5″ balls and roll in sugar.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- After the cookies have been out of the oven for 5 minutes, transfer them onto a cooling rack for 30 minutes, then transfer to serving platter.
These cookies are chewy and sooo good warm! I love that this recipe has only 6 ingredients and makes 30-38 cookies!
I hope y’all enjoyed this sweet treat share. Please let me know what you think about the recipe if you try it out!
What’s your favorite cookie?
Do you like baking? What’s your specialty?