Next month, September, is the kick off of fall, football season, and all the goodies that come with the cozy season.
It is also National Breakfast Month and I’m so excited to be partnering with Krusteaz to bring this awesome recipe and GIVEAWAY post to you guys!
This recipe is so easy and takes less than 5 ingredients to make it! It’s made featuring Krusteaz’s NEW Protein Buttermilk Pancake Mix!
“With 13g of added protein, it’s the perfect way to keep your family full and energized all day long. In keeping with Krusteaz’s commitment to simplified and wholesome ingredients, the new protein pancake is free of partially hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup, artificial colors, flavors and preservatives.”
These are also packed with protein, antioxidants, and yummy-ness! Keep on reading to see just how I make em’!
1 1/2 Cups Of Krusteaz Protein Buttermilk Pancake Mix
1 1/4 Cups Of Water
1 Cup Of Fresh Or Frozen Blueberries
1/2 Cup Of Chopped Pecans
- Add water to the pancake mix and whisk until the consistency thickens. The batter will still have lumps – that is normal!
2. Gently mix in the fresh or frozen blueberries.
*If using frozen berries, I recommend letting them sit out at room temperature for 30-60 minutes before using them.*
3. Lastly, mix in almost the whole half cup of pecans into the batter. You should have a couple table spoons left over.
4. Place batter into a pancake pouring bottle, if you have one, otherwise use a ladle to gently pour your desired amount of batter into a frying pan.
*Make sure your frying pan has been sprayed with cooking oil spray and has been pre-heated for at least 60 seconds on medium heat*
5. Wait until bubbles begin to form on top of the pancake and the sides have form to them. Use a spatula to gently flip the pancake. Cook for 1-3 minutes before flipping back over. Keep doing this until the pancake is your desired color and texture.
6. Serve with butter, maple syrup, honey, and/or agave syrup and ENJOY!
See how simple that was? I love recipes that use minimal ingredients, but have an abundance of flavor!
One lucky reader who is a resident of the 48 contiguious US states will receive a Protein Breakfast prize pack from Krusteaz!
The Prize Pack Contains: a whisk, blender bottle, tote bag, and Krusteaz Protein Pancake mix!
Please use the blue link below to enter. This giveaway will run August 13, 2017 – August 27, 2017.
Disclaimer: I did receive compensation and product in exchange for this post. However, that does not influence my opinion whatsoever. All comments expressed are 100% my own.
I”d like to try the shortbread mix. I already buy the blueberry muffin, honey cornbread, and buttermilk pancake mixes.
I would love to try the Country White Bread
I would like to try the cranberry orange muffin