Bananas are my favorite fruit! I love to cook and bake with them. And, as a banana addict, I always have bananas in my fruit bowl. Sometimes, they get overripe and aren’t the tastiest for eating alone, but make an excellent baking ingredient!
Today, we’re making classic banana nut muffins with a multi-nut twist 😉
FYI: This recipe is for a small batch – I usually get 6-7 medium sized muffins out of this batch. If you wanted more, you could easily double this.
- 2 Overripe Bananas
- 1 cup Self-rising Flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 6 tbsp. Cooled, Melted Butter
- 1/4 Mixed Nuts
- 2 tbsp. Cranberries
- Dash of Cinnamon
- Preheat Over to 350F and spray a non-stick muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Mash bananas and mix in sugar. Then, add egg and vanilla extract.
- Allow melted butter to cool and add into mix.
- Add in flour 1/2 cup at a time until there are no lumps in the batter.
- Fold nuts, cinnamon, and cranberries into the batter until distrusted evenly.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 way with batter and bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Let cool and then ENJOY!
These are super easy to make! Also, the dash of cinnamon really adds a nice flavor and complements the bananas so well! These muffins are super moist and chewy, but I would recommend refrigerating them to maintain the freshness. You can easily rewarm them in the toaster oven or microwave for a quick refresh. ❤
What is your favorite muffin? Banana, blueberry, chocolate chip?
What is your favorite banana recipe?