Good day to all!
Spring has sprung and the fun has begun! <— See how bad I am at rhyming..?
Anywho, today I wanted to pop in and share a simple and yummy recipe that can be made in under 25 minutes!
Insert, Crispy Rice Birds Nest Treats! These are a fun take on the classic crispy rice cereal treats mixed with marshmallows that we all know and love. Only these bad boys are topped with a little coconut and other confections for a little added sweetness and cuteness.
This recipe is “Small-Batch.” Meaning, it only makes about 8-10 nests (depending on how big you make them). This portion size is perfect for snacking and the quantity is perfect for a small family like mine. #partyof3 🙂
Hopefully you guys enjoy the recipe and give it a try! These can be made any color and any time of year. I just thought a “birds nest” would be fun for the springtime!
2 1/4 cups of crispy rice/puffed rice cereal
1.5 Tablespoons of butter or margarine
7 oz. of full, regular sized marshmallows
Food coloring (I used green)
Coconut flakes (for topping)
Mini Candies, Jellybeans, and/or Mini Rainbow Marshmallows (for topping)
- Melt butter/margarine in a pan over low hear until completely melted.
- Add in marshmallows and continually stir with a non-stick spatula (or a spoon sprayed with cooking spray) until all the marshmallows are melted.
- Remove the pan from heat.
- Add in 2-4 drops of food coloring and mix until evenly distributed.
- Add in crispy rice cereal a little at a time and slowly stir all the contents together until everything is well blended.
- Spray a muffin pan well with cooking spray (even if it is non-stick!) and your hands so the mixture won’t stick to them either!
- Be careful, the mixture may still be warm. Scoop out a small amount and place into each individual section of greased muffin pan. Having cooking spray on your hands will help you press the mixture into the muffin pan to form a “nest” shape.
- Cool for 2-4 hours in the refrigerator before adding your toppings!
These were really fun to make and always go over great at parties, both big and small! I Hope you guys enjoyed this fun little recipe post. Let me know if you like these small-batch recipes and I’ll share more soon.
Hoppy Spring! ❤
Question of the day:
What is your favorite thing about spring?
Has spring sprung where you live?