The holiday season is here!
Time to break out the hot cocoa, fuzzy socks, and Christmas movies!
Today, I’m poppin’ in to share a recipe that is new to me and I am so excited to share. Hot Cocoa cookies are so yummy and decadent. They go great with coffee, milk, or hot cocoa!
I hope y’all enjoy this recipe and be sure to let me know if you try it out. Happy baking!
1 Cup Softened Butter
2/3 Cup Brown Sugar
3/4 Cup Sugar
1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
3 cups of self rising flour
4 hot cocoa mix packets (I used Swiss Miss “Simply Cocoa” Mix)
1 (heaping) cup of white chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350F or 176C
- Blend together softened butter and the two sugars together with an electric mixer
- Add in eggs and vanilla then mix together with electric mixer
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and hot cocoa mix. Use a whisk to blend them together.
- Slowly combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. You can mix this with a spoon or a mixer – I used a mixer. Just be sure not to over mix!
- Lastly, add in the white chocolate chips. I recommend using a spoon to mix these in instead of an electric mixer. This way they don’t get broken.
- Cover bowl with aluminum foil/plastic wrap and let chill in the refrigerator for 30-35 minutes. This makes a huge difference! The dough is much easier to work with after being chilled.
- After dough has chilled, spoon dough onto a slightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies in oven for 9-10 minutes or until slightly dark around the edges.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes then ENJOY! =)
This recipe is really simple and I bought a big 50 count box of hot cocoa mix so I am all stocked for these cookies! If you don’t have white chocolate chips, feel free to omit them or use whatever kind of chocolate chips you have!
This recipe makes a lot of cookies, too! I usually end up with at least 2-3 dozen! So, if you’re going to a holiday party or like to give cookies as gifts (like me), this recipe is a good one for you to try out.
Thanks for stopping by, friends! Have a great holiday!
Wanna make my day?! Share this post!
Thank You for the recipe.
You’re very welcome, Marilyn! I hope you enjoy it! Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.
Ooo, I love that you used hot chocolate mix in these! I have some that I have yet to turn into hot cocoa…may have to try out this soon! ❤
very nice recipe thank you for shearing keep it up.
Thank you so much! 🙂